Home Remedies for Insomnia
People who suffer from insomnia either have trouble falling asleep or they find it hard to stay asleep. This often results in debilitating daytime fatigue, which impairs their ability to function properly. When insomnia sufferers ask a doctor for help, they will often be told to start a prescription medication to help them sleep. However, many of these medications are addictive or they leave one feeling groggy all day. A better solution is to use a home remedy for insomnia.
Here are a few natural ways to combat insomnia without medication:
- Exercise every day – take a walk or start taking a yoga class
- Learn some deep breathing exercises or meditation techniques to help you relax
- After dinner, take a brisk walk and then follow that with a warm bath. Try adding some aromatic oils like lavender or chamomile to your bath water.
- Increase your melatonin content by getting regular exposure to sunlight
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, fatty foods, salty foods or products made with white flour
- Increase your intake of Vitamin B and magnesium by consuming more whole grains, nuts, legumes, seeds, almonds and dark green leafy vegetables.
- Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with honey at bedtime
Home Remedies for Acne
Acne causes skin eruptions and inflammation, and it is best known for affecting adolescents and teens, but adults can also suffer from acne. Dermatologists often recommend a course of treatment that includes both oral and topical medications, many of which have long-term negative side effects. In fact, some of the chemical ingredients in acne medication are likely to further damage the skin. Oral medications often contain antibiotics or steroids with harmful side effects. Because of this, home remedies for acne are on the rise.
- It is always better to use natural home remedies for acne in order to avoid the serious side effects of drugs. Home remedies for acne are 100% safe and effective.
- Tea Tree Oil is very effective against acne as it contains bacteria-fighting substances which either kills them or weakens bacteria enough for it to be destroyed by protective antibodies.
- The Aloe Vera plant, which is rich in enzymes and very soothing to the skin, also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. As a result, it can be highly effective against acne
- Grated potatoes or ground sesame seeds can work very well as a poultice. This calms the appearance of skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and more.
- Try a paste that is made from sandalwood with rose water and keep it on the affected area for 20-30 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- The juice of raw papaya or ripe tomato pulp may also help shrink swelling pimples or acne. Leave it on for 20 or 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. A paste made of turmeric powder in mint juice may also be effective.
Home Remedies for Indigestion
Stress is more likely to cause indigestion than any other ailment. It can also be caused by overeating or overconsumption of alcoholic beverages. Indigestion symptoms include an acidic taste in the mouth, belching, nausea, vomiting, a burning sensation in the stomach or upper abdomen. Here are some home remedies that work.
- To settle stomach acid, prepare a solution made of one part water to one part baking soda and consume it immediately after preparation.
- Cloves can be very effective for indigestion as they contain properties which help the body secrete enzymes that temper the stomach acid. Cloves can be used in tea or consumed as a natural supplement.
- You’ve heard how effective ginger ale can be for nausea, and that’s no coincidence. Ginger root is a natural remedy for indigestion. Try a cup of ginger tea or a slice of ginger cake too.
- Introduce more fiber into your diet. But at the same time avoid foods which contain large amounts of yeast, such as bread and pizzas as they hinder the digestion process.
- Avoid chocolates as they contain oils which are not very beneficial to your stomach.
- Avoid eating large meals while under extreme stress. It is easier to digest food when you are calm.
While there are plenty of acid blockers and calcium-based medication on the market, natural home remedies are usually the best solution to treat indigestion.